Sale or Return for
National, European, and World Championships
Championships of all kinds offer the best opportunities for Class Associations
to sell related merchandise such as t-shirts, caps, fleeces, etc.
Apart from buying in a few printed t-shirts, most associations are not
in the financial position, or can not take the risk, of buying in a range
of products to maximise the impulse sales opportunities that are presented
Ocean World has come up with the solution!
- OW will supply a range of printed or embroidered clothing and accessories
for a Championships to the Class Association Secretary (or appointed
officer) on a 'sale or return' basis.
- OW sets the retail selling price of the items supplied and provides
laminated price signs.
- OW covers all origination costs for printing screens, embroidery set-up
What does your Association have to do?
- You undertake to use your best efforts to sell the range to the event
competitors and visitors (leaving gear stuck in a cardboard box does
not do the trick!).
- Within one week of the end of the event, you return all unsold goods
to Ocean World. They must still be in a clean and saleable condition.
- You keep 25% of the total sales as a commission and remit the remaining
75% to Ocean World.
- You are responsible for all stock. Anything 'missing' is deemed to
have been sold at full price.
- You create an 'Official Clothing' website link from the front page
of your website to a dedicated clothing website on the Ocean World website.
In turn, Ocean World will create a reverse link back to your website.
- You must liase with us to tell us how many boats you are expecting
at an event, and the 'mix' of people attending i.e. sizes, gender, etc.
In addition to the 25% commission you receive on goods sold at your events,
you will also receive a credit of 10% of all online and mail order sales
as part of our 'Club Service' (see www.oceanworld.co.uk/clubservice
- No financial risk to your association.
- No upfront costs.
- No origination costs.
- Large quality range available to your members.
- Individual orders can be placed via the website.
- Online sales can be personalised with boat names or sail numbers.
Still have some questions? Please contact us at:
Ocean World Ltd
46 High Street., Cowes, IOW, PO31 7RR, UK
Tel. 01983 291744 Fax. 01983 297252